Fueling California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard Program Symposium
On June 19, 2012, Fueling California hosted a symposium that brought together leading voices from regulatory agencies, industry leaders, environmental organizations, government, alternative energy companies and academia to discuss California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard Program.
Post-Symposium Report is now available!
Please click here to view the highlights from the Symposium.
Please visit our Facebook page to view the photos of the Symposium.
Click here to view Panel 1: LCFS – Setting the Stage
Click here to view Panel 2: Path to Compliance
Click here to view Panel 3: Workable Solutions
Click here to view the Luncheon Panel
Moderator: Robert M. Sturtz, Fueling California Chairman and Managing Director of Strategic Sourcing – Fuel for United Airlines
Panel 1: LCFS – Setting the Stage
An overview of the regulation and where we are today.
- Richard Corey, Deputy Executive Officer, California Air Resources Board
- California State Senator Ted Gaines (Vice Chair, Senate Transportation and Housing Committee)
- California State Assemblymember Jose Solorio (Member, Assembly Transportation Committee)
- California State Assemblymember Susan Bonilla (Member, Assembly Transportation Committee)
- Dario Frommer, Chairman, California Transportation Commission
Panel 2: Path to Compliance
The realities of the implementation.
- California State Senator Michael J. Rubio (Member, Senate Transportation and Housing Committee)
- Tim Olson, Manager, Transportation Energy Office, California Energy Commission
- Dorothy Rothrock, Sr. Vice President, Government Relations, California Manufacturers and Technology Association
- Timothy O’Connor, Director, CA Climate and Energy Initiative, Environmental Defense Fund
- Catherine (Cathy) Reheis-Boyd, President, Western States Petroleum Association
Panel 3: Workable Solutions
Goals of the standard and possible solutions to achieve them.
- California State Assemblymember Steve Knight (Vice Chair, Assembly Natural Resources Committee)
- Robert Ames, VP Fuels Commercialization, Solazyme
- Chris Shimoda, Manager of Environmental Affairs, California Trucking Association
Eric Bowen, Chairman, California Biodiesel Alliance*
- Simon Mui, Scientist, Energy & Transportation Program, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Rick Zalesky, GM, Crude & Manufacturing Strategy, Technology and Commercial Integration (Global Trading), Chevron Corporation
*Eric Bowen was unavailable to attend. Ryan Lamberg, Executive Director of the California Biodiesel Initiative spoke in his place.
Research/viewpoints from academia and economists.
Moderator: Dr. Wallace Walrod, Chief Economic Advisor, Orange County Business Council
- Dr. Daniel Sperling, Director, UC Davis Institute of Transportation Studies
- Brad VanTassel, Senior Partner and Managing Director, Boston Consulting Group
- Dr. Severin Borenstein, UC Berkeley Haas School of Business